This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.One of the things that we were asked to do this week was use audacity and make a tutorial that was under a minute. I usually need more time than that to even think. I do a lot of training, and I am not used to having to condense material so it was a bit of a challenge to give a one minute tutorial, and leave what I considered to be vital information out of the tutorial. It has been a while since I had used audacity, but it all came back in a few minutes. I think that audacity is a great audio freeware program. I have used other audio programs like Adobe Audition, Cool edit, Pro Tools, Cakewalk, and Logic Pro. Audacity is very straightforward and user friendly. I am going to keep it installed on my work computer, and I am going to be recommending it to instructors that want an easy way to make audio for podcast.
I looked at the Creative Commons website, read some of their materials, as well as watched a video. I like the fact that they have made it where you can obtain pictures, videos, songs, as well as other materials to use for free. I also like that I can share my original works there and can decide as to how much of it is free to use. I will be bookmarking that site and sharing it with my colleagues here at work.
Part of our assignment was to write a script for our audio tutorial. Here is mine:
Quick Start Guide for Audacity
This is a quick start guide to use Audacity, which is an
audio recorder and editor. The first step is to press record, which is
located in the upper left corner. Once recording, you will notice your
audio levels as well as the wav file being written. When finished
recording, press the stop button. Now it is time export your file, so
go to file, then choose export. Name your file, and where you want to
save it. Choose which format you want to save it in, and press save.
Enter any additional information you need, or not, and press ok.
Congratulations! You have just created your first audio file. Enjoy!
We were also asked to review free video programs and then make a podcast on that as well, and yes, under 1 minute. Even though windows movie maker is very easy to use, I found myself struggling with reading my script while trying to put together my live podcast. Despite my difficulty, I did manage to get through it. I would like to point out that the new version of windows movie maker is actually really nice. I have several good video editing software packages at my disposal like final cut pro, adobe premiere, and imove. Windows movie maker is pretty good for a freeware program.
Here is my script for the video tutorial podcast:
This is a quick start guide on how to use windows movie
maker. First, drag and drop your
pictures or video to the space indicated.
You can create a title page by pressing the title button which is
located in the upper left area of the program. Credits can be created in the
same way. When you are ready to export
your movie, you can share it on the web, or save it to your computer. Make your selection; decide where to save it
and what format, then just press save. After it’s done saving, you have created
your very first movie in windows movie maker – congratulations!
In closing, it is exciting to explore the process of making videos. I am looking forward to working with my classmates on our upcoming group project.

Good Work! I like that you said "congratulations" at the end of your movie maker screen cast. haha! But seriously, congratulations on being finished for the week!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Scott, very nice!
ReplyDelete