Saturday, June 8, 2013

EDLD 5363 Wk 1

I really didn't know what to expect when beginning this class.  From going through this first though, i know that I am really going to enjoy it.  There is a healthy work load as all of our classes, but it seems to be fun, and I really enjoyed the week one readings about digital story telling.  My next reflection will be at the end so that there will be a nice contrast as to when I started this class.

For our first assignment, we were to tell a personal story that was around 2 minutes long with pictures and narration.  After talking it over with a fellow classmate, I decided to make mine about my journey into education.  I hope that any of you viewing this can take a couple of minutes and watch the video.  I was apprehensive in making a personal video about myself, however I feel that it turned out ok in the end.




Here is my script that I used as my narration for the above video:



Dream a New Dream
Sometimes it’s funny how life will take you in a direction that you never expected.  I have always heard it said that when one door shuts that another one opens.
As a young man, I found that I had a natural talent for music, and fully planned on making a career in the music industry my future.  I poured myself into it, spending countless hours practicing, performing, and eventually I started to gain recognition and even some success.  I knew that I was on my way.  However, there are times in life when we come to the proverbial fork in the road, and must make a choice that will alter our direction, and at the same time it will define us as individuals. I knew that I had to say goodbye to this dream and watch with some uncertainty as the door closed.  I was heartbroken, for lack of a better term, and wondered if I would ever recover.  But then I realized I could dream another dream.
As time passed I found that I could re purpose my education, training, and talents to help others reach their goals, and ultimately their dreams.  I found that this gave me a great sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction.  I even discovered that I had a new found appreciation of the journey of becoming a lifelong learner.  My days are now filled with helping Instructors, administrators, staff, and even students use technology in the classroom to learn at a deeper level.  In doing so, their accomplishments become my accomplishments which inspire me to strive for excellence in my new field in the form of keeping up with trends and innovations in educational technology. All of this has made me very happy to be in some small way, a part of the learning process.  I am still not 100 percent sure as to where this road is going to take me, but I have to say that I am really enjoying the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent!! Where can I listen to some of your songs???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great Scott! I am still working on mine.

    ReplyDelete